Tuesday, July 26, 2016

JUL 26, 2016 INTERVIEW WITH DAVID FOJT, FRENCH LENR RESEARCHER

MOTTO

Image result for la fontaine quotes


DAILY NOTES

a) AN INTERVIEW WITH DAVID FOJT,FRENCH LENR RESEARCHER

Our friendship with David has started when he  has sent excellent information  and presentations from ICCF-15 where he was a participant... and he was fast and answered very clearly to my questions. I think he has interesting and challenging things to say about LENR- I admire independent thinkers with initiative


Q- your personal history evolution identity?

I am an engineer, 48 years old (but I am not the famous- in our circles Engineer 48 !). I was born in Lille located in the northern part of France close to the Belgian border.
My childhood was spent in this region once prosperous due to coal mining; however the times were changing. Starting from from 1980 the unemployment never has decreased here..
My father was working in supply chain management in a factory of trains. My mother was a cook. Is it possible that my desire to understand the secrets of the recipe of our preferred Italian inventor is coming from here? The love of technology from my father’s part and the interest for ingredients and procedures from the side of my mother, may be ?
I went to live around Paris (near to Versailles) where the job market was more prosperous.
When you have an soul of entrepreneur, your are trying to change things in order to make your daily life better…perhaps if I have had the luck to be born in California It could be more favored.

Q- your Professional, researcher history .

Due to the described circumstances and in the context of some difficult family problems I had to choose a more practical profession- and I am studying for mechanical engineering .

Q- how happened your arrival to LENR, what were your feelings?

In 1993 I have worked as maintenance engineer on primary pumps and steam generators at French nuclear plants.
This was very interesting and rewarding technically and I have found that this technology is, simply, beautiful.
Unfortunately this kind of work is seasonal because the plants are working at full capacity only in the winters. So I had to do other things too.
Some 10 years later when I was working for supply chain at PSA (Peugeot) at Paris, I was terribly bored so I had the luck to get an Internet connection.
I think then the present bloggers who now spend their time with LENR were already active and so I came upon a site that explained, in the popular manner the experiences of Pons and Fleischmann.
Then when in my imagination I have compared all the complex huge machines of a classic nuclear plant with the cell made of glass, containing water, a bit of electric current- I instantly found this more than amazing, a work of genius.

Q- What has attracted you to LENR, why?

LENR has helped me these years to get rid of professional boredom; I have a good background- metallurgy, mechanics, design, and reading more than 1000 papers about LENR-these all have helped me to think about the theoretical aspects… this was indeed “cool”. However, I had not a specific work plan.

Q- How Lenr captured you, how could it retain you, despite the so well known difficulties, disadvantages?

After that I have lived two years in Marseille where I knew Jean Paul Biberian and Jean Luc Paillet. Jean Paul has the great merit to present conferences, sometimes with very few in attendance- shadow work of great worth.
I have helped him to build his own laboratory; unfortunately he has always worked alone and it is not probable that this will change.
He gave me the virus then I went to ICCF-Padova, Airbus Workshop, and recently to the event organized at Avignon by Mathieu Valat and Jean-Paul.

Q- What do you think today about LENR?

This is the status quo!
We have to remember that the arrival of computers technologies has not taken the place of nobody, this new technology did not interfere negatively the general economy; on the contrary, investors were able to make a lot of money.
However today LENR is not necessary for making money, the oil companies are doing still quite well. The civil nuclear industry is still filling the pockets of those who pull the strings, etc., etc…
Why invest in a technology which does not bring anything new, as new way to earn more money?
The big energy companies already have power and money, why take they risks just to decrease earth pollution?
Pollution, the future of the Planet- these are problems must be solved by others…
I don’t know if it's helpful to turn around the world in electric aircraft. For boredom surely of egotistical billionaire, no more.
The other more important issue is arming, weapons based on LENR. From the advent of history Man’s discoveries converted in technologies that are used both for good and bad.
This started when Man discovered Fire and stated that it can be well used for burning the cave of the lover of his wife.
More seriously today- beyond doubts LENR could be used for making weapons more effective than classic nuclear ones.
The advantage is that these bombs can be made sized as you need, with not much radiation- that is with some discretion.
I already hear the speeches of some countries about erasing old enemies from the map with one single bomb –having the right to use it because it is not nuclear- just optimized TNT they will tell and the incompetent and demagogue media will accept everything!
At all LENR events I have participated- the secret services were also there.
 It could not allowed to share a future LENR weapon technology with countries as North Korea, Iran or others similar in ideology. The risk could be too great.
Rossi’s problem came too early. The first doesn't often do right or easily, this should be a cause of his worries.


Q- do you had/have you models, mentors, ideals?

Yes, I like very much Elon Musk, I well know he isn’t completely original. A good point for him, he isn’t going to the stock exchange just for keeping his creative independence. Everybody knows that investors are wanting now more faster return on the investments.
Also in opposition to the mass strategy like Rossi I prefer to work with “mechanical systems” which not demanding long term reliability but great power/mass balance. For example, LENR engines like the old NERVA could be well updated by Lenr (see please https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NERVA) 
I dare to think that my “pals” Bezos and Musk should be agree.
in any case this will be less boring than upgrading by LENR dry hairs attached under wings of airplanes.
I would like to make a bit of space travel- the mankind gets me to despair- just think about those who think to be some important person by adding empty comment by blog about Rossi-IH dispute.

Q- Do you have a personal definition of LENR?

I still don’t have a specific one, more important- LENR was an opportunity to create the most interesting years from my actually 48 years up to the finish line!

Q- How have your concepts accepted principles, theories evolved? 

I have started with reading the ideas of Ed Storms and also I thought a lot about hydrogen embrittlement from which you could learn a lot of essential things. LENR is, first of all a huge work of scientific research and investigation, the experimental work (i.e. LENR tests per se) is just for the dessert.
Informed people from the field have the trend to oppose the theories of “bulk” to those of the surface.
It is possible that the phenomena are initiated in the bulk and become manifest on the surface when the hydrogen is released? This is main important point if you consider what discovered Piantelli, Fralick for example.( Rossi also ?)
An other turn, the last developments of the Quark X seem to show that the nickel is liquid as lithium.
But this doesn’t mean that process are different from those from the bulk theory. In this case, the hydrogen atoms have to be harmoniously blended between the Li and Ni atoms.
I think today that LENR is a resonance phenomenon a good analogy can be the phenomenon of freak waves.
Despite Andreas Calaon LENR ideas about surface are really interesting because sticked with electrolysis accident that I know happened before Pons and Fleischman ( 1975).
Anyway I remain prudent. For my work, I have signed with a society that makes powders based on design.
Again, if it is a surface phenomenon, I will try to work with powder optimized for the effect. If we see that phenomenon could take place onto skin we could also optimize powder in this direction.
Only the results can give answers I will not bother to fill the blogs with useless speculations.
The experiences I find remarkable are those of Fralick, then the Russian experiments with electric discharges on titanium foils and I am also learned a lot from Piantelli’s first papers.

Q- What do you think about LENR's status today, tomorrow for future; your prediction?

I think I have already answered-in-part to this subject, what could I add?
Our future will be based in part on the replications funded by small and medium size enterprises.
I share this opinion with Michel Vanderberghe. These societies have a real interest for fast applications- as heating of homes, flats and I have started contacts in this sense.
There are interested funds of investments in Luxembourg where is still plenty of money.
Why Rossi got lost in the USA? I can imagine to work under a red sky then spend good time at South Miami Beach. I can share this.

Q- What do you think about the best LENR strategy, taking in account the 
PdD/NiH and (it is real we cannot ignore it) Rossi-IH conflicts?

Regarding the opposition between PdD and NiH, I actually believe they are the same, it is about a vibratory phenomenon the mass of D being correlated with the lattice (distance between each atom) and Pd elasticity limit. The same thing for Ni and H.  
An interesting explanation of the long loading times in the Fleischmann-Pons experiments – Pd absorbs a very great quantity of D in its lattice so its elasticity limit is very high to do high frequencies vibration quickly.
It's like a chord of guitar which has to be near to its limits of elasticity to vibrate at high frequencies.
In the case of Ni this happens faster therefore at high temperatures the loading is much faster but elasticity limit is also moved.
I think about Quark X something similar is true in principle, therefore it should be higher pressure in the cartridge.
As regarding the Rossi IH conflict, this is not my war however from everything I knew I believed that actually IH has replicated Rossi with great success, even with more reliability than Rossi himself.

Q-What do you think wish for European, French UE LENR?

I am not very optimist about LENR research in France
Mathieu Valat has tried to unite the forces however from dark reasons of Ego, for non-shareable interests he did not succeeded.
 Mathieu Valat is a good guy. Also generally I enjoyed about mails exchanged with Bob Higgins.
About me, I trying to do experiments where I live near Paris but I am very, very alone!
I need now competencies for electronic aspects and for regulation (rules) but I am unable to find serious guys motivated and involved.
There is also AIRBUS that does experiments but about my understanding you could not be presumptuous and a genius in the same time, so they still have not found anything extraordinary, I heard.
About LENR Cities they want to gain money, do communication but they need to have means commensurate to their ambitions, and this does not happen. Plus they are monoculture Widom-Larsen.

Q why you launched the the third Force?

Yes, I have launched this concept of Third Force because I realized that there are people who are very very well informed about many important things, well introduced in the LENR environment and who take profit of the ashes of the Rossi-IH conflict, from a certain point of view, I think it is legitimate.

Q- your actions- work in lab- directions- ideas appeals everything else-like you wish to add! 
.
For those who don’t believe at all in LENR...I have a friend who has worked at a big French electronics company and has observed a LENR phenomenon prior to Pons and Fleischmann. He was electro-depositing nickel by electrolysis
On a substrate of zirconia and has seen a great flash, zirconia has melted (its melting point is 2700 C) no lithium involved in this story. There are some subtleties in this even that should be considered. My powder supplier has also stated some unexplainable phenomena.

Q- Please tell something about your affinities to music literature art- if you wish, some French esprit- again if you wish.

Yes, I enjoyed reading Jules Verne and many books on the great explorers of the time of navy sailing.
I like the speed and also sailboats flying helped by foils, it is pure mechanic that going just by the wind,really pure concept.
Listed explorer, I would have liked to feel that Columbus, Armstrong have lived when they put the first foot on virgin land in, Beyond the imaginable.
Anyway, I hope to live long enough to see the first man on Mars!

THANK YOU- DEAR DAVID! 

DAILY NEWS 



1) E-cat suit moves forward against Raleigh investors
http://assets-origin.bizjournals.com/triangle/blog/techflash/2016/07/e-cat-suit-moves-forward-against-raleigh-investors.html



2a)Rossi on the Challenges of Developing E-Cat Plants
http://www.e-catworld.com/2016/07/26/rossi-on-the-challenges-of-developing-e-cat-plants/

2b) From ROSSI's JONP
Frank Acland
July 25, 2016 at 9:10 PM

Dear Andrea,

Can you tell us at what stage the work with manufacturing the 1MW plants is?

I know you said you had to redesign the plants based on the experience with the 1MW plant used in the year long test. Have you tested the new design yet, and if so, how has it performed compared to the pilot?

Thank you very much,

Frank Acland
Andrea Rossi
July 25, 2016 at 9:33 PM

Frank Acland:
The construction is going on. The difficulty and the improvement are generated from the necessity to make a subject that does not need Andrea Rossi inside 16- 18 hours per day, and the engineer and the technician of IH for 8 hours per day. We need a subject able to work alone, with nobody, but a certified operator that has to check tha gauges now and again.
To write this is easy, to imagine that it is not simple is easy too, but to understand really the difficulties is impossible for anybody that has not lived with the plant, inside the plant, for one year of his own life, attending and listening to the plant with his body inside it. The problems we had during the year have been multiple, have been resolved by our great team because we were there immediately when something was gone wrong.
Now the E-Cat must be able to work alone.
Warm Regards,
A.R.


LENR IN CONTEXT-1



Developing reliable renewable energy sources
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/07/160725090143.htm
Not LENR 

Watching' crystal structure change in real time
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/07/160725151138.htm

LENR IN CONTEXT-2


LEADERS SAY THINGS OTHERS WON’T SAY

13 comments:

  1. Peter
    In your interview with David Fojt he said this
    As regarding the Rossi IH conflict, this is not my war however from everything I knew I believed that actually IH has replicated Rossi with great success, even with more reliability than Rossi himself.
    Do you know why he believes I.H. has replicated.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have asked David to answer to you.
      peter

      Delete
    2. Yes, I heard this believe me..

      Delete
  2. It is fascinating how the minds of even intelligent people are captured by convoluted and clearly false ideas. This is what keeps me interested in cold fusion, has been so since Pons and Fleischmann performed their major screw-up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe it is this: when you are unable to comprehend how complex the universe is and how much work and study it requires to understand even a little bit of it, human mind is drawn into idea that a shortcut must exist.

    Surely this is easier than studying years or decades to understand the basics.

    But it's a practice akin to alchemy and of course thus produces equivalent results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats- you understand the human mind perfectly and are ready to share your wisdom with us, now in more than a single sentence. A huge progress, Timo!

      peter

      Delete
    2. Yes Tyy all opinions are valid, however, I don't walk hidden such a coward, I displayed my name ..

      Delete
  4. I don't mind be called by names, but you can find my real name, email and even a phone number if you follow breadcrumbs from my blogger profile.

    I never write on Internet anonymously, even if I use pseudonyms "tyy" and "pathoskeptic". The first is my nickname at work and the second is supposed to be a joke to mock promoters of woo science. Maybe it is a bad one one, you tell me. And maybe I am a coward.

    And Peter. I don't usually have much to say that cannot be expressed by a single sentence, so I am glad to let you have the final word. It is your blog.

    But I must say I am impressed you have not banned me (sans numerous comments of mine though), even though I certainly would have understood if you did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. David
    Who told you that I.H. replicated
    Rossi .
    Regards
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Sam, you can imagine that I can' t share it..
    Why is it important for you ? you did seem implicated ?

    ReplyDelete
  7. David
    It's important to the Ecat story.
    I.H. say they did not replicate which
    if true made them think that Ecat itself
    might not work and put them on the war path.
    On the other hand Rossi like you thinks
    they did replicate through Brillouin which
    helped to put him on the war path.
    That is why I think that anything to do
    with the replication is important.
    Regards
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rossi is aware of everything therefore it's more complicated than you could think sorry.. i repeat i don't go between these fight, not mine... regards

    ReplyDelete
  9. David
    You say Rossi is aware of everything.
    I hope he A.R. Is good at separating
    fact from fiction.
    Like with Brillouin I think he was assuming
    a lot.But maybe he had the facts.
    Regards
    Sam

    ReplyDelete